Mason General Hospital
REVENUE CYCLE CHART SPECIALIST
Escape to Washington State’s best kept secret; where real estate is affordable and your backyard is the “gateway to the Olympic Peninsula”. Mason General Hospital & Family of Clinics is a hidden gem of a healthcare system, where you can shine as a valued member of our dedicated team of caring professionals.
At Mason General, we put patients first. We provide quality medical care to assist the individuals of our community to restore and preserve their health. We conserve patient and community resources through a sustainable, financially viable, coordinated system of health care delivery. We call it “The Mason Way” and demonstrate it through Equity, Trust, High Reliability, Accessibility, Communication and Compassion.
MGH&FC has much to offer the Revenue Cycle Chart Specialist. This position will be competitively compensated and enjoy our generous benefit package, including an outstanding retirement plan.
The Revenue Cycle Chart Specialist is responsible for promoting accuracy within clinical departments, by conducting diligent analysis of patient medical records with the objective to prevent performance errors across the revenue cycle. Serve as a liaison between clinical and revenue cycle personnel (e.g. coding and billing staff), working closely with both to ensure quality data. Conduct concurrent and retrospective reviews of coded data.
* 1. Retrieve, file, process and create reports from a variety of databases for performance improvement activities.
* 2. Daily review of patient charts to verify coding and charging compliance.
* 3. Uses a combination of clinical, health information management (HIM) and medical billing knowledge to conduct concurrent and/or retrospective reviews of medical records to ensure accuracy in CPT and ICD diagnostic codes.
* 4. Collaborates with clinicians and HIM management staff to resolve clinical documentation inaccuracies, and facilitates improvements and corrections when necessary.
* 5. Promotes adherence to industry regulations by performing regular compliance reviews (verifying ABN compliance, etc.) and maintains awareness of current industry trends, best practices and benchmarks in order to provide feedback and/or education to physicians and administrative staff.
* 6. Identifies opportunities for improvement in staff performance and processes based on analyzed trends, tracked metrics and benchmarks, and organizational alignment with industry best practices.
* 7. Contributes to the development of revenue cycle-related policies and procedures, and communicates all new or revised protocols to pertinent staff members.
* 8. Process all data collection, to include any and all performance improvement activities as directed.
* 9. Responds to personal requests (personal, memo, or voice mail) in a timely manner.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
*Essential Job function
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support the Mason General Hospital & Family of Clinics mission, vision and values; comply with District policies and procedures; and conduct themselves in an ethical, professional, respectful, and collaborative manner at all times.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. RHIT, RHIA or equivalent.
3. Minimum 2 years of experience in medical coding, clinical documentation and/or chart review.
4. Experience with electronic medical record systems strongly preferred
TO APPLY: https://www.masongeneral.com/careers