Vincent is a shareholder in the audit and assurance practice specializing in healthcare, life sciences and not-for-profit organizations. He works closely with his clients on solutions and enjoys learning as much as possible about their operations. Vincent is the audit and assurance leader of our Healthcare and Life Sciences Services Group.
- Provide audit and financial consulting services for healthcare, life sciences and not-for-profit organizations.
- Perform A-133 Single Audits and audits subject to HUD requirements.
- Consult on billing and collection cycle design.
- Perform risk assessments and process improvement engagements.
- Assist in identifying and applying for federal awards including SBIR/STTR awards.
- Provide training and technical assistance related to preparing indirect cost rate proposals.
- Assess internal controls over financial reporting, fraud, grant management and federal compliance.
- Payor and contractual allowance reviews.
- Develop management information system solutions.
- Performance, benchmarking, and trend analysis reviews.
- Due diligence support.
- Resolve issues for entities receiving federal funding that are subject to the requirements of Government Auditing Standars and/or A-133.
- Assisted a large healthcare organization in revamping it’s billing and collection process and better estimate contractual adjustments.
- Assisted in the conversion of accounting software systems specifically designed for not-for-profit and healthcare organizations that have greatly increased the performance relevancy of their financial reporting.
- Served as a financial adviser to a not-for-profit organization that performed a market analysis, created some new ventures and grew from 70 employees to over 1,000 employees in five years.
- Designed an ROI system of assessing risks and internal controls over financial reporting and compliance that is effective and efficient, which is being used by various not-for-profit organizations throughout the United States.
- Successfully negotiated indirect cost rate proposals that significantly increased indirect cost recoveries.
- Served as an adviser for numerous companies in obtaining their Phase I and Phase II SBIR awards.
- Arizona State University, B.S. in Accounting, graduated with honors.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
- Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) – Washington-Alaska Chapter.
- HFMA recipient of the President’s Beyond the Call of Duty Award – Washington-Alaska Chapter.
- AICPA National Not-for-Profit Conference Planning Committee.
- AICPA Government Audit Quality Center.
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants (WSCPA).
- WSCPA – Not-for-Profit Committee, past Chair.
- WSCPA – Not-for-Profit Conference, past Chair.
- Government Finance Officers Association.
- United Way of King County – Community Building Committee, past Member.
- United Way of King County – System Support Impact Council, past Chair.
- United Way of King County – Audit Review Committee, past Chair.
- United Way of Snohomish County – Finance Committee, past Member.
- Puget Sound MIP User’s Group, Founder.
- Clark Nuber Not-for-Profit Board Governance Conference, Chair.
- Regular speaker at local and national conferences on issues facing the healthcare and not-for-profit industries and federal compliance.
- Practical Guide to Form 990 by Clark Nuber, an online treatise published by CCH, contributing writer/reviewer.